Anaesthesia: local with sedation
Operating time: from about 1 to 1.5 hours
Dressing: after 7 days
Healing: in 7 days
Cost: from 2500 euros
Rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery operation that reduces and shapes the bone and cartilage of the nose, and is directed at improving the aesthetic appearance of the nose itself and therefore the face as a whole. If nasal septum deviation surgery is also necessary, the operation is called rhinoseptoplasty. During the specialist visit prior to rhinoplasty, the following aspects are accurately evaluated: internal nasal structures, nose shape and size, thickness and elasticity of the skin and the ratio between the nose and the other facial planes in order to identify the best techniques to meet the patient's desires and create the smoothest and most natural profile possible.
Rhinoplasty leaves no visible scars, as the operation is carried out around the inside of the nostrils.
Rhinoplasty can be performed either under local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia. Local anaesthesia is best for minor adjustments.
Generally rhinoplasty has no complications, at most lightly watery eyes and a possible slight pain for the first 48 hours after surgery.
At the end of the rhinoplasty operation, small endonasal pads are inserted which must be kept from 1 to 4 days depending on the type of surgery.
The external dressing consists of the application of some strips of the gauze and a "cast" which will reduce edema and keep the nasal bones' fractures contained. The dressing will be checked and maintained for about 8-10 days. The "cast" is recommended for another 10 days (only at night).
A person can usually resume their normal social life 2 weeks after the rhinoplasty operation.
The result of the intervention will be noticeable as soon as three weeks afterwards, but the final outcome of the rhinoplasty operation is bound to the skin's adapting to the newly formed skeleton, and 6-12 months must pass before a final assessment can be carried out.
WHY ARE THE PRICES SO LOW?
How are you able to even INCLUDE overnight ACCOMMODATION in your high-quality level facility?
This is all possible thanks to an optimisation of costs. More specifically:
- We own the SURGICAL THEATRE, in addition to very advanced technology, therefore we can avoid sustaining rental costs (2,000 euro per intervention) and forcing the patient and surgical team to relocate up to hundreds of kilometers.
- We are located in a multipurpose facility and take advantage of the resulting benefits:
1) Accommodations adjacent to the clinic with an adjoining Study Abroad Centre (Delta Dream CSS)
2) The possibility for the entire surgical team to stay in this accommodation while present for operating sessions, with evident time savings and economies of scale.
There are also objective scientific reasons that provide, in addition to the enormous benefits for the patient, opportunities for further savings, specifically:
- Our Team, in the persons of Prof. Ceccarino and Prof. Cappelletti, respectively Plastic Surgeon and Anaesthetist, is the only team in Italy that operates with the Cold Tumescence method, patented by them. This unique technique allows them to operate without needing General Anaesthesia, with obvious advantages for the patient both during surgery and in the postoperative period.
All of the above lets us confidently claim that our extraordinarily low costs are thanks to a rationalisation of costs, which we "like" to pass on to our patients. www.clinicmichelangelo.